Thursday, February 14, 2013

Upcoming Great Strides Walk - 2013

Great Strides is coming up in May.  After a couple of months of trying to decide if I should be the sole organizer, I finally decided it's best for me and the pregnancy if I took this year off.  I asked a few friends if they would be interested in taking over (at least for 2013) and had one step up and say yes.  What a relief! I wanted to see the walk continue but thought I just couldn't do it this year.  I am still involved and am still helping with the walk.....  I couldn't completely let go!    I just don't have to deal with the stress of it and am not the "go to" person.  I thought I'd be sad or feel guilty, but I actually feel really relieved.  I can concentrate on the pregnancy and fundraising.  Below are pictures starting with the first Great Strides Walk Honolulu where I was the organizer/main local contact.

Great Strides 2009
Great Strides 2010
Great Strides 2011
Great Strides 2012
If you have a few dollars to spare and it's in your heart to donate, you can do that securely online through the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation's Great Strides website on our Rachel's Rangers homepage or you can click the Great Strides Donate button on the top right side of my blog.  If donating is not in your budget, it would mean a lot if you could keep Rachel and the CF community in your prayers.

We hope to see you at the walk!

No comments:

Post a Comment